Tue, 22
22 °C
Wed, 23
21 °C
Thu, 24
20 °C

Woman rushed to hospital after chemical explosion in kitchen sink

Woman rushed to hospital after chemical explosion in kitchen sink

Justin Burns

Woman rushed to hospital after chemical explosion in kitchen sink

Firefighters were called to a home in Old Windsor today after two chemicals caused a 'minor gas explosion' in a kitchen sink.

A female householder in Dunboyne Place, off Datchet Road was taken to hospital by ambulance after bleach and caustic soda, which were poured down the sink, exploded.

One crew from Windsor and Egham and an instant command unit from Reading attended the scene at 3.55pm.

They had to flush water down sink after a reaction between cleaning products caused a small amount of chlorine gas. The crew were at the property until 4.38pm.

No serious injuries have been reported.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Shared

Most Commented

Top Ten Articles