Thu, 17
23 °C
Fri, 18
18 °C
Sat, 19
18 °C

Firefighters tackle fire in barber's shop

Firefighters tackle fire in barber's shop

Justin Burns

Firefighters tackle fire in barber's shop

A barber's shop in central Windsor caught fire last night as revellers wined and dined at a restaurant next door.

Firefighters were called to Moe'Z Barber Shop in River Street at 10.20pm when the back of the unit caught alight.

Two crews from Slough, one frm Windsor and a control unit from Reading were alerted by staff at the next door Thai Square restaurant in Thames Street.

They also had to break into the amusement arcade located next to it after concerns the fire may have spread.

The fire is being investigated, but it is believed it could have started from a light fitting.

Haydn Jenkins, red watch manager at Slough Fire, said there was smoke damage at the back of the shop, but the front was fine.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Shared

Most Commented

Top Ten Articles