Wed, 16
21 °C
Thu, 17
22 °C
Fri, 18
18 °C

Woman flown to hospital after gas cooker explosion at school

Woman flown to hospital after gas cooker explosion at school

Francis Batt

Woman flown to hospital after gas cooker explosion at school

The air ambulance landed dramatically at Old Windsor's Kings Court First School just before 10am today after a gas cooker exploded in the kitchen injuring a woman who worked there.

The employee at the school in Ashbrook Road was taken to John Radcliffe Hospital near Oxford. The extent of her injuries has not been confirmed.

Firefighters from Windsor and Langley were called to the scene, although it is understood no serious damage was caused to the kitchen or the school and the explosion was immediately brought under control.

Among the team that attended was firefighter Michael Rowley, who had an anxious few moments as his four-year-old son and six-year-old daughter attend the school.

The Royal Borough released a statement this morning confirming that an incident had taken place. It said: "At no time was any pupil in danger and the school did not need to be evacuated. Classes are continuing as normal.

"The incident is now being investigated by the council’s health and safety team, in conjunction with the fire service and the school."

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Shared

Most Commented

Top Ten Articles