Wed, 16
21 °C
Thu, 17
22 °C
Fri, 18
18 °C

Four rescued after fire at Thai Massage in Windsor

Four rescued after fire at Thai Massage in Windsor

Michael Owens

Four rescued after fire at Thai Massage in Windsor

Four people were rescued from a flat this morning as fire crews from across the area fought a blaze in Windsor.

The fire started at about 12.30am at Thai Massage in Victoria Street.

Firefighters had to use ladders to rescue four people through a first floor window as smoke spread up into the rest of the building.

They could not escape through the back exit of the building because it was filled with smoke

Two lived on the ground floor flat next to the business and were its owners.

The others lived in the first floor flat.

They were all treated for smoke inhalation at the scene and two were transferred to Wexham Park Hospital for further treatment.

The others were allowed back into their first floor flat.

More than 20 firefighters from four crews in Windsor, Slough and Langley Fire stations were called to the scene.

They finally left at about 3am.

100 per cent of the ground floor was smoke damaged and 30 per cent was damaged by flames.

The upstairs flat was also smoke damaged.

The crew at Slough fire station said the fire started at the rear of the building due to an electrical accident.

It is not being treated as suspicious.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Shared

Most Commented

Top Ten Articles