Firefighters used a ladder and hose reel to extinguish a chimney fire at the Sandpit Gate Lodge in Windsor's Great Park last night.
One crew from Slough were called to the fire which took hold in the chimney of the cottage at about 9pm.
Firefighters spent two hours tackling the blaze, which crew manager Mark Roberts said was complex.
They also used thermal imaging camera and the chimney was reinspected earlier this morning.
No one was injured in the blaze and damaged was confined to the chimney.
Top Ten Articles
It's time to get voting as readers get their chance to decide the winner of the Independent Retailer of the Year at the inaugural Windsor and Maidenhead Business Awards.
A woman was declared dead in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday) after being pulled out of the water at the Racecourse Marina in Windsor.