Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office

10:50AM, Thursday 19 February 2026

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

Thames Valley Police released a statement this morning, which did not name Mountbatten-Windsor, but said searches are being carried out at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk following the arrest.

The force said 'a man in his sixties from Norfolk' had been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office this morning and remains in police custody.

In a statement, Thames Valley Police said: "We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court."

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.  

“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence. 

“We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.” 

In a statement, King Charles III said: "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.

"What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.

"In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

"Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.

"As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all."

Most read

Top Articles