Sat, 07
11 °C
Sun, 08
12 °C
Mon, 09
9 °C

Weekend Roundup: Slough Town beat promotion chasing Billericay Town while Maidenhead United fall to close defeat.

Neil Baker and jon Underwood, co-managers of Slough Town.

Slough Town coped better with the windy conditions on Saturday as goals from Matt Lench and Manny Williams gave the Rebels all three points against Billericay Town, who were reduced to ten men late on.

Guy Hollis played a pivotal role in both Slough goals, as his long throws caused problems in the Ricay defence. Matt Lench profited in the first half as fired his low drive through a crowd and into the bottom corner after Hollis’ throw was flicked his way.

The Rebels were then pegged back through a superb volley from Moses Emmanuel but Williams scored from the spot in the second half after a handball from a Hollis throw.

The win keeps Slough’s unbeaten four match streak going as they sit 12th in the National league South.


Maidenhead United slipped to their second defeat in a row as they lost narrowly 1-0 to Harrogate Town.

The tight affair was decided by a 53rd minute goal by Mark Beck, who buried his header into the back of the net from an in-swinging cross.

The Magpies did have their chances and were only denied an equaliser by the superb reflexes of Harrogate ‘keeper Nick Belshaw. The stopper tipped Ryan Upward’s header onto the underside of bar as it arrowed toward the top corner.

Maidenhead remain six points from the relegation zone after all of the bottom four lost at the weekend.


Marlow FC continued their run of win and clean sheets as they edged out Ashford Town 1-0.

The only goal of the game came in the second half as Blues Captain Chris Ovenden struck 11 minutes after the restart.

The win leaves Marlow one point behind Bracknell in second, a team who they host a week on Saturday at Oak Tree Road. The Blues have won their last four matches with an aggregate score line of 9-0.


Flackwell Heath were back in action for the first time since March 2, but they fell at the quarter-final stage of the Supplementary Cup after a 2-1 loss to Wallingford.

Adam Thomas’ late goal could not spark a comeback for the Heathens who are back in action tonight as they to Rivermoor to take on Reading City FC in the Hellenic League Premier.


Marlow United continued to pile the pressure on Thames Valley Premier leaders Cookham Dean as they won 3-1 against Wookingham & Embrook reserves.

A brace from the energetic Cooper-Clarke followed Chris Hursts’ opener for the Flying Blues, who now sit 12 points behind Cookham Dean with four games in hand.

They also have two games in hand on second-placed Woodcote Stoke Row with only two points separating the sides as the season draws to a close.


Windsor FC fell to their first defeat in eight games as they lost 4-0 to Longlevens.

Despite having more possession and more chances on goal the Royalists could not find a way through in the blustery conditions.


Holyport FC continued their good form as they won 7-0 against Abingdon but the game was marred by an injury to Port’s Adam Sharp.

Sharp was carried off the field after a robust challenge left the player in agony on the floor and will no doubt spend some time on the sidelines.

The injury overshadowed what was a fantastic performance from Derek Sweetman’s men, who were 3-0 up within 17 minutes.


Ascot United endured a difficult day as they lost 5-1 away to Brackley Town Saints on Saturday.

James Richardson got the only goal for the Yellamen who looked a shadow of the side who claimed a Challenge Cup final spot last weekend.







Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Paid Stories

Most read

Top Ten Articles

M4 closures this weekend

M4 closures this weekend

The motorway will be out of action from junction 6 for Slough and 8/9, Maidenhead from 8pm tomorrow night (Friday), until 6am Monday.