Fri, 13
8 °C
Sat, 14
7 °C
Sun, 15
8 °C

Marlow FC advance after Slough upset while Ascot produce stunning comeback win against Brackley Town Saints. 

Marlow FC advanced to the final of the Berks and Bucks Senior cup after they beat Slough Town 1-0 on Tuesday night.

The Blues, who play two leagues below the Rebels, produced a defensively sound performance as they were put under the cosh for the majority of the 90 minutes but took their chance when it fell to them, although controversially the assistant did not raise his flag for what looked like a clear offside, but Kelvin Bossman made no mistake with the finish. Simon Grant foiled Slough on more than one occasion as the Rebels could not find a way past the Blues shot stopper.

The result see’s Marlow advance to the final where they will be hoping to cause another upset when they take on Reading FC U23s, who beat Maidenhead United in the other semi final.

The final is due to be played on May 6 in what will be a replay of the first ever Berks and Bucks cup final where Reading beat Marlow 1-0 in the 1878/79 season.


Ascot United produced an exquisite comeback to exorcise some demons against Brackley Town Saints as they progressed to the semi finals of the Floodlit Cup.

The Yellamen had endured a woeful day against the same opponents last week and with thirty minutes to go it looked like more disappointment was in store, but a spirited comeback saw Ascot score four times without reply to win the match.

Brackley scored twice, either side of half time to take control of the match, but Harry Laflin halved the deficit just after the hour mark. Laflin then turned provider as his ball found Sheridan Campbell who finished well to level the scores.

And from there the Yellamen upped their game and took the lead through Eliott Carey before Kai Walters put the cherry on the cake with a 90th minute goal.


Flackwell Heath produced a dogged display but cut not find the back of the net as they fell to 1-0 defeat in the semi final of the Floodlit Cup against Ardley United.

Troy Bryan scored the only goal of the game just after half time as the Heathens could not find the finishing touch.


Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Paid Stories

Most read

Top Ten Articles

M4 closures this weekend

M4 closures this weekend

The motorway will be out of action from junction 6 for Slough and 8/9, Maidenhead from 8pm tomorrow night (Friday), until 6am Monday.