Wed, 18
15 °C
Thu, 19
17 °C
Fri, 20
14 °C

Candle left near bathtub causes fire in flat

Candle left near bathtub causes fire in flat

Paul Miles

Candle left near bathtub causes fire in flat

Firefighters were called to a flat in Fountain Gardens, Windsor, last night after a candle left burning on the side of a bathtub caused it to catch alight. 

One appliance form Slough and Windsor was called to the flat at around 4am after reports by neighbours of smoke.

They awoke a women at the flat who immediately extinguished the blaze by tipping the candle into the bath tub.

The women, believed  to be in her 40's, was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene and an ambulance was called.

The flat did not have a smoke alarm installed.

Station manger Seth Juby warned people to be careful with candles.

"Do not leave candles unattended, always put them in a heat proof dish and always have a smoke alarm," he said.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Shared

Most Commented

Top Ten Articles