12:02PM, Thursday 23 May 2013
The terrorist attack on a soldier in London yesterday has sparked security fears across the capital with all of the barracks being placed on high alert.
Today a Ministry of Defence spokeswoman said no changes to ceremonial events, like the changing of the guard in Windsor, were planned and there was no extra security outside Windsor's Combermere and Victoria Barracks. The changing of the guard was not scheduled to take place today and has therefore not been cancelled.
She said that private advice about security had been given to members of the armed forces in Britain's barracks but that the biggest message was simply to be vigilant.
At a meeting of the government's terrorism response Cobra this morning attended by Prime Minister David Cameron, the London mayor and the Home Secretary - Maidenhead MP Theresa May, it was agreed that continuing with normal life was the best way to defeat terrorism.
The attack happened outside Woolwich Barracks which the Queen is due to visit next week.
Top Ten Articles
Hungry residents in Slough and Windsor can now have a Big Mac sent directly to their door as McDonald’s joins forces with a food delivery service in the towns.