Fri, 06
13 °C
Sat, 07
10 °C
Sun, 08
12 °C

Cooker blamed for fire which 'totally gutted' house

Cooker blamed for fire which 'totally gutted' house

James Preston

Cooker blamed for fire which 'totally gutted' house

A fire thought to be caused by a cooker which was left on gutted a house in Clewer Village last night.

Crews from Windsor and Langley, two engines from Slough and a multi-role vehicle from Dee Road rushed to Stephenson Drive at about 7pm.

It was initially thought people may have been in the building but it emerged the owners were not at home.

The scene of the fire, taken by a neighbour
"The place was up in smoke and flames," said one neighbour. "We went out and obviously everyone was concerned."

The fire was out by 9pm, but Slough fireman Jason Wilson described the house as 'totally gutted'.

The crew left the scene at about 9.45pm.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Paid Stories

Most read

Top Ten Articles

M4 closures this weekend

M4 closures this weekend

The motorway will be out of action from junction 6 for Slough and 8/9, Maidenhead from 8pm tomorrow night (Friday), until 6am Monday.