09:05AM, Friday 27 September 2013
Firefighters were called to a house in Windsor after an elderly lady fell asleep when boiling towels on the stove.
Two pumps attended the house in Frances Road at 6.30am today.
The pan had burnt dry and the towels were completely destroyed.
The lady was treated for smoke inhalation and minor smoke damage was caused to the kitchen.
Top Ten Articles
Hundreds of students across East Berkshire and South Bucks collected their results on Thursday, August 16
Our reporting team spoke to students in Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead throughout the morning with the latest reaction, stories, photos and pass rates from schools across the area.
The family of a young man who died in the Jubilee River in 2015 has urged would-be swimmers to think twice, after two men’s bodies were recovered from the river in July.