11:40AM, Monday 09 December 2013
A man was rescued from a house fire in Imperial Road, Windsor this morning soon after 9am.
Firefighters from Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as the multi role vehicle from Reading rushed to the blaze after receiving the call at 9.10am.
Four breathing apparatus, two hosereels, one jet and one hydrant were used were used to fight the fire.
A man was rescued from the ground floor of the property. A second man had managed to escape and was outside the house.
Both were handed over to the care of the ambulance service suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation and were treated at the scene and didn't have to go to hospital.
A fire service spokeswoman said: "The fire had started in a ground floor bedroom and was started by candles."
She warned: "As Christmas comes don't leave candles unattended and we would advise everyone to have smoke alarms fitted.
Fire crews left the scene at 9.50am.
More than 50 street parties are set to take place this weekend across the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and the surrounding areas.
An independent report into a Conservative councillor has found a breach of the Royal Borough’s code of conduct in a document seen by the Advertiser.