Sun, 22
12 °C
Mon, 23
16 °C
Tue, 24
17 °C

Smoke alarm saves family after curtain catches fire

Smoke alarm saves family after curtain catches fire

Francis Batt

Smoke alarm saves family after curtain catches fire

A smoke alarm saved a family in Wood Close, Windsor early this morning when a curtain caught fire in their house.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a light fitting and started at about 3am, setting off the alarm which alerted the residents and enabled them to douse the flames.

Firefighters from Windsor and Slough spent an hour at the house. The corner of the room and a ceiling suffered fire and smoke damage.

Fire crew manager Martin Sadler said: "Ths indicates the importance of having a smoke alarm, as the consequences could have been serious if the family had not been alerted."

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Shared

Most Commented

Top Ten Articles