10:00AM, Thursday 17 July 2014
A Legoland boss has expressed her disappointment after councillors deferred plans for a new 'haunted house' attraction at the popular theme park.
They refused to give the go-ahead at a meeting of the Royal Borough's Windsor Urban Development Control Panel held at the Guildhall yesterday.
Councillors were worried about growing traffic congestion and deferred making a decision on whether to allow the new attraction, fearing it would bring more cars into the area.
They decided to wait until more information was available on how effective the recent traffic experiments had been at easing the congestion.
But Legoland's divisional director Sue Kemp, who had come in person to present the plan, said after the meeting: "I'm disappointed. We had planned to have the new attraction built and ready by next May. Now we may miss our building 'window'.
"We had already voluntarily deferred putting in the application for a month at the request of the borough."
Cllr Phill Bicknell (Con, Park) said: "Legoland is a fantastic business but they have come a bit unstuck with this. Legoland and the residents have to cohabit on a long term basis."
Top Ten Articles
Hungry residents in Slough and Windsor can now have a Big Mac sent directly to their door as McDonald’s joins forces with a food delivery service in the towns.