09:00AM, Friday 08 August 2014
A controversial plan for a new 'haunted house' attraction at Legoland could get the go-ahead next week.
But opponents want councillors to withhold permission, until more is known about how effective this year's traffic trials were at reducing jams caused by visitors to the theme park in Winkfield Road.
Helen Price, who lives at the heart of the affected area, believes councillors on the Royal Borough's Windsor urban development control panel should hold back when they meet at 7pm next Wednesday at Windsor's Guildhall.
She said: "I understood councillors were going to wait until the end of the busy holiday period before deciding whether the trials had really worked in reducing traffic.
"It needs to be thoroughly debated before any decision is made about another attraction that will bring in any more people.
"There has not been that debate."
Councillors deferred making a decision when they met last month. But they face growing pressure from Legoland to give the go-ahead - as recommended by their own officers.
The company believes that earlier trials - now made permanent - which signposted Legoland traffic up Goslar Way instead of Imperial Road have been a success.
Other trials which sent Legoland traffic through Bray, Oakley Green and Old Windsor are being tried out again during particularly congested periods this month.
Legoland is keen to get the new attraction built and ready for next May.A spokesman said: "We are pleased to see that the planning officers have once again recommended approval for our haunted house attraction.
Top Ten Articles
Hungry residents in Slough and Windsor can now have a Big Mac sent directly to their door as McDonald’s joins forces with a food delivery service in the towns.