09:13AM, Thursday 12 March 2020
Langley Fire Station was called out to an unattended fire in open space in Eton Wick last night (Wednesday).
A wooded area on private land collected 30 tonnes of fallen timber, which had been lit and left aflame at 8pm.
The firefighters used one jet to put out the fire, but needed two fire engines, as the blaze was too far away from the nearest hydrant to be reached by one hose reel.
Langley Fire Station issued the following advice:
“Bonfires should always be attended, and you should always have equipment with you to stop the fire spreading.”
Top Ten Articles
Members of staff at Wexham Park Hospital have tested positive for coronavirus, and the elderly care ward affected has been closed to new admissions for two weeks.