Sat, 15
14 °C
Sun, 16
13 °C
Mon, 17
16 °C

Match highlights: Addai shoots down Spitfires as Maidenhead United get back to winning ways

Daniel Darlington

Addai shoots down Spitfires as Maidenhead United get back to winning ways

Alex Addai. Photo by Darren Woolley. 


Eastleigh 0, Maidenhead United 1

Alex Addai scored the first goal of his loan move from Cheltenham as Maidenhead United got back to winning ways at Eastleigh this afternoon.

The Magpies were without a win in three matches since their 2-1 victory at Chesterfield on November 14, but they edged this clash on the south coast thanks to Addai’s strike early in the second half.

They also had to see out a nervy final few minutes with 10 men after Josh Coley was shown a straight red card in the 90th minute.

Maidenhead created their fair share of chances in the first half, but the game was evenly balanced when Addai blasted home from close range in the 47th minute after Coley had done well to take the ball past the keeper and set up the chance.

Keen to bounce back from last Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Altrincham United started brightly. Nathan Blissett headed a fine chipped pass from Sam Barratt narrowly wide of the post in the 11th minute, while Ryan Upward missed a great chance to break the deadlock in the 26th minute when he failed to tap home Coley’s ball from close range.

Taye Ashby-Hammond kept the Magpies on level terms with a big save to deny Ben House before Danny Hollands poked the rebound wide.

Smith nearly converted a cross from Smart in the 75th minute as the Spitfires ramped up the pressure after falling behind, and the Magpies had to survive five tense minutes of stoppage time after Coley brought down Smart as the last man. House had a last gasp header deflected into Ashby-Hammond’s hands, but the Magpies held on for three crucial points. The defeat was only Eastleigh’s second of the season.

The result takes them back up to fourth in the table ahead of Tuesday’s trip to league leaders Torquay United.


Chippenham Town 2, Slough Town 2

Slough Town scored twice in the final 15 minutes to rescue a point against Chippenham Town this afternoon.

After four successive league defeats the Rebels were staring down the barrel of another loss when Zebroski and Hanks netted to put the hosts two goals to the good in the 70th minute.

But the Rebels had created chances throughout and halved the deficit when Ben Harris headed home from Matt Lench’s corner in the 76th minute.

Matthews pulled off a couple of smart saves to thwart Slough in the closing stages but the Rebels got the point their performance deserved when Lee Togwell got the faintest of touches to a long throw from Guy Hollis in the 91st minute.

The Rebels are 17th in National League South ahead of Wednesday night's trip to Havant & Waterlooville. 

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Editor's Picks

Most read

Top Articles