05:41PM, Sunday 17 February 2019
An unattended candle was the cause of a major house fire in Old Windsor.
Four fire crews from Slough Fire Station were required to tackle the blaze in Straight Road at about 2.30pm.
As it was unclear whether anyone was inside, four officers equipped with breathing apparatus had to enter the building to see if anyone was trapped.
It was determined that no one was inside, and no other people were harmed in the incident, which did not spread to any other houses.
Top Ten Articles
Concerns have been raised by residents after they were ‘stopped and challenged’ by police when driving yesterday (Tuesday) for shopping and exercising.
The number of patients with COVID-19 at hospitals run by the Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust has risen to more than 250.