01:30PM, Friday 16 January 2015
Accusations that the Royal Borough failed to fully update the electoral roll in time for this year's general election have been denied by the council.
The Royal Borough says it expects the overall level of verified entries on the register to be more than 87 per cent.
Residents who were included on last year's electoral roll will be able to vote in the general election providing they responded to the annual request for confirmation details in either 2013 or 2014.
Those who have proxy or postal votes may wish to check that those have been successfully transferred to retain their proxy or postal vote status.
A Royal Borough spokeswoman said: "Our elections team is working hard to ensure that anyone whose details do not yet appear on the new register is added to it, so this figure will increase even further.
"The elections team will be writing to all properties after the publication of the new register to enable residents to make a further check that their status is correct."
Top Ten Articles