09:16AM, Friday 24 July 2015
Firefighters have urged people to check their appliances are turned off when they go to bed and leave their homes, after being called to an incident in Windsor last night.
Three pumps were sent to Chaucer Close at about 7.30pm after a neighbour rang emergency services to say alarms could be heard from the property.
Responders forced entry to the flat after smelling smoke and found it empty, but with a saucepan left on the hob.
A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke.
More than 50 street parties are set to take place this weekend across the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and the surrounding areas.
An independent report into a Conservative councillor has found a breach of the Royal Borough’s code of conduct in a document seen by the Advertiser.