Thu, 19
17 °C
Fri, 20
14 °C
Sat, 21
14 °C

Reminder issued to test smoke alarms following pan fire in Windsor

Reminder issued to test smoke alarms following pan fire in Windsor

Katie Mercer

A pan that had been left on a hob caught fire in Windsor last night.

Fire crews were called to the blaze in Cornel House, Osborne Road, at 9.30pm.

The firefighters broke down the front door to gain access to the first floor flat and extinguish the small fire.

The occupier of the home had left the building.

Watch commander Darren Barrett at Slough Fire Station said: "The smoke alarm in this property was not working so we replaced it before we left.

"We'd like to remind everyone to please test that their smoke alarms are in working order as they are vital."

The kitchen suffered slight smoke damage but nobody was injured.

find us on facebook follow me on twitter

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Shared

Most Commented

Top Ten Articles