02:04PM, Thursday 10 March 2016
Interest in this weekend’s Windsor Zombie Walk is hitting ‘melt down’, according to the event’s organiser.
The walk, which was first held last year, sees hordes of children and adults dress up as the walking dead before embarking on a ramble around the town.
The inaugural zombie walk attracted nearly 100 people but the event’s founder Steve Nash told the Express that he is expecting even bigger numbers this time around.
Steve said: “This year the event’s Facebook page has hit melt down with over 500 people clicking attending.
“It’s been shared over 100 times and it’s spreading like a virus.”
Zombie enthusiasts will be meeting at the Firestation for Arts and Culture, in St Leonards Road, from 5.30pm on Saturday.
Make-up artist Riva J Williams will be offering gruesome makeovers before the zombies set off on their ramble around the town at 7pm.
Steve added: “It’s a bit of escapism for most people.
“There’s always that concern that maybe there will be a virus that turns us all into the walking dead.
“But this is a great chance to come along and have a bit of fun.”
Go to www.zombifest.co.uk for more details.
Top Ten Articles
Residents and councillors alike are disgusted with the hit-and-miss bin collections in the borough, which have left some residents with rotting, maggot-filled bins for weeks on end.