05:00PM, Sunday 21 April 2024
Cllr Simon Werner and Cllr Josh Reynolds beside Kidwells Park cafe in November
A decision on the new tenant for Kidwells Park pavilion café is set to be made in the coming months, it has been revealed.
The café has sat empty for years but the Royal Borough council is investigating options to get it back into business.
At last week’s full council meeting, cabinet member for communities and leisure Cllr Josh Reynolds (Lib Dem, Furze Platt) said he had been ‘assured’ a decision would be reached by the end of May/ beginning of June.
“Shortlisted parties are due to return their business plans to RBWM by May 17th,” he said. “We’ll then go through those business plans clearly.
“We should have a decision by the end of May/beginning of June - is what officers have assured me.
“And then we will be able to progress with getting that lease signed and getting the café back open, which is what we all want."
The café had been tied up in a contact with the area’s leisure centres but the council had it removed.
It is now on the market.
Cllr Reynolds said: “We need to get the right operator, a ten-year lease or something like that.
“We don’t want somebody in there that won’t be right for Kidwells Park and won’t be right for Maidenhead.
“It’s a complicated issue, its required a lot of work to get it pushed and prioritised but I’m really glad it’s moving.”
Most read
Top Articles
A Slough man has been jailed for exposing himself at people's addresses in Maidenhead, Slough and Windsor.
The first Captain’s Drive In took place at Mill Ride in Ascot on Sunday to mark the start of the club’s year, which saw more than 100 members attend the ‘incredibly well-supported event’.
Footballer Jordan Chiedozie was inspecting a flat tyre on the Golf when the crash happened.